WordPress 3.2-beta2 was released today. There are few changes that may affect some plugins.
1. The admin UI style was updated. This is mostly a visual update so if your plugin uses the default admin CSS styles on its settings page, it will inherit all seamlessly.
2. The “Favorites” menu (top/right on all admin pages) was removed completely.
3. jQuery was updated to version 1.6.1 and jQuery UI was updated to 1.8.12. We encourage all authors of themes or plugins that use jQuery to test them in 3.2-beta2 as there are a couple of changes that may affect many plugins:
- jQuery 1.5.0 and newer no longer allows selectors of the form [property=value]. These selectors now require quotes: [property="value"].
- jQuery 1.6.0 and newer introduces another method: .prop() that replaces many .attr() calls. This was (partially) reverted in jQuery 1.6.1 but some uses of .attr() are not working any more. For example .attr(‘checked’, ”) doesn’t uncheck checkboxes any more.
Best would be to replace all getting/setting of ‘checked’, ‘selected’ and ‘disabled’ from .attr() to .prop() (using .prop() is also much faster). More information on the jQuery blog: http://blog.jquery.com/2011/05/12/jquery-1-6-1-released/
4. WordPress 3.2 has new minimal requirements: PHP 5.2.4 and MySQL 5.0.15. Most of the PHP 4 compat code was removed except for a few class constructors since many plugins seem to call them directly. If your plugin uses any of the WordPress PHP classes, please test that it calls them properly.