| Support this project
We wrote this Widget for a customer of ours. They have a large photographer blog and wanted the Authors Links to connect to their respective Flickr Accounts rather than the Author Profile, which is the default behavior of wp_list_authors() function.
Rather than linking to the authors profile, this widget modifies the link to connect to the authors flickr photostream. This was designed for photoblogs that have multiple authors/photographers.
If the shadowbox JS plugin is install the Flickr Photostream is rendered in a Lightbox, otherwise it will goto the flickr website. Uses the Yahoo IM account if in user profile, otherwise uses nickname. By Greg Royal/Bluecowhosting. Extends the Authors plugin from Gavriel Fleischer.
How to install the plugin.
The best way is to install the plugin through the wordpress plugin repository. However:
- Upload `flickr-photostream-widget.php` to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to ‘Presentation’ or ‘Design’ menu
- Go to ‘Widgets’ menu
- Drag & Drop the FlickrStream Widget to the place you would like to display the FlickrStream list
- Optionally change the title, show RSS links, show post count options
|Title – Displayed title of your sidebar widget
Show RSS Links – Will RSS links be displayed
Show post counts – Will post counts be displayed
Exclude Admin – Exclude admin accounts from display
|Version 1.0||Initial Version|
Download Latest Version 1.0
Things to Do for Version 1.1
- We are using Yahoo ID as the photostream. This has limitations.
- Make the photostream URL more customize able
- Be able block certain users from being displayed